Are you brilliant?
Finaro is reimagining the payment industry.
If you value friendship, learning and getting things done;
if you consider yourself creative, enthusiastic and passionate about solving problems…
We want to meet you!
Finaro is a global cross-border payment and banking solutions provider empowering international commerce through brilliantly simple payments.
Our passionate team, exceptional tech capabilities, product innovation, and customer-centric approach drive us to simplify complexity and create multidimensional solutions that generate growth and give our customers peace of mind.
We work with some of the biggest industry giants including Plus500, WOLT, Kiwi.com, Air Baltic, Payrexx, Revolut, Go2Mobile and Hero Gaming. With a growing global staff of 350 employees, main offices in Israel and Malta, and presence all across Europe, in China, Hong Kong, and North America, the future looks fantastic.
The future looks Finaro.
The AML Officer will be a member of the Ongoing Monitoring Team, in respect to the KYC changes that occur within businesses and reporting to the Senior AML officer and provide support to the company globally. He/ She will work closely with team members and Manager on a wide range of day-to-day issues.
These duties, which relate to the post of the Employee and which, due to the dynamic nature of the company’s business, may evolve and change continuously, include but are not limited to:
· Performing Ongoing monitoring, Know Your Customer, Anti-Money Laundering, Fraud checks on existing clients – based on procedures and policies, being able to determine necessary checks according to various business models and setups
· Carrying out KYC on banking Clients. Be familiar with different business set up types (such as sole traders, partnerships, trust, limited liability companies, publicly traded companies) and knowledgeable about KYC requirements when it comes to verification and identification.
· Checking all actions carried out at onboarding and reevaluating, using tools such as World Check, GBG, Salesforce and, if necessary, to be able to conduct checks in Company Watch, Webshield, VMAS, MATCH, but not limited to
· Checking and Approving payments within our Core Banking System
· Liaising directly with internal teams, such as Fraud, Financial Risk, Underwriting, Legal, Operations, Payments, Sales, Treasury and Finance teams.
· Liaising directly with external teams, such as correspondence banks, card schemes (Visa/MasterCard), different service providers – company registers, World Check.
· Raising Suspicious Activity/Transactions to the MLRO where appropriate.
· Ensuring that data storage, whether electronic or physical, is in line with internal and regulatory requirements.
· Liaising with internal and external stakeholders to ensure appropriate records management systems, tools, and processes are in place.
· Ensure we are compliant with all third-party authorities which provide us licenses to carry out our business. These would include Visa, MasterCard and the MFSA.
· Ensuring the company acts in accordance with current EU and local AML legislation, namely the Financial Intelligence Analysis Unit’s (FIAU) Implementing Procedures, PMLFTR and the PMLA.
· Escalate with the company’s governance structure, as appropriate, any identified GAPs, deficiencies, or requirements to ensure compliance with internal and regulatory requirements and policies.
· Ensuring that service-level agreements (SLA) are met.
● Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
● Applicants must be in possession of a related diploma or degree
● Possess excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
● Have strong work ethic and attention to detail.
● Be highly organized, pro-active, and able to work on own initiative.
● Be a team player and able to meet strict deadlines.
● Be fluent in oral and written English.